If you are looking for a lan messenger then you would get many options. These applications let you chat with other users and even group chat and share files between users on the same network. These messengers works amidst restrictions that are imposed by the network administrator of school or office and these restrictions are needed in order to maintain the security of network and the organization itself. But out of all the options available Softros LAN Messenger allows you converse in the network and share files privately.
Why not to use any regular online messenger?
If you are using an online messenger then you will need to have an active Internet connection to carry out con versations. When it comes to organizations like schools or businesses security is a major concern for data and communication. If you are using public online instant messengers, then you are trusting a third party system for your data privacy and security. This is more prone to hack attacks and stealing of data.
Amazing features of softros lan messenger —
1. Server less architecture — you need not have the hassle of setting up or managing a private server even though the application works on a local network. This is because it is a peer to peer based application that allows to send messages to user even when he is offline.
2. Encrypted data and messages — Aes-256 encryption algorithm is used to encrypt and secure data.
3. Individual as well as group chat — it allows chatting with individuals as well as inviting others to create a group chat.
4. Broadcasting of messages — if you want to send messages to all the groups or individual users them you can make use of the broadcasting feature of the app.
5. File transfer — you can transfer files between users and the person has the freedom to accept or reject the file being sent.
6. Remote desktop sharing — with just 1-2 clicks you can share your desktop with other individual with whom you are chatting.
7. Supports active directory and domain — softros lan messenger makes use of active directory and security usr identifiers in order to identify users.
8. User based restrictions — administrators have the control to restrict most of the features selectively to other users.